ZooChat members don't see this advert. Join Now - it's free!
Zoo Community, Discussion Forums and Photo Galleries
- The Zoos of Burma 6: Kandawgyi Fresh Water Fish... (new posts)
- The Kandawgyi Fresh Water Fish Garden (henceforth just to be called “the Aquarium” for sake of brevity) is in Yangon, on the shore of the inner-city Lake Kandawgyi. The Yangon Zoo is also right next...
» Posted by Chlidonias in the
Freshwater Fish Kandawgyi Garden
» 2 replies; 377 views
- Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre 2014 (new posts)
- Not a lot of news but they have finally completed the upgrading of the gibbon enclosures at the top of the park, amalgamating two of the smaller runs into bigger enclosures.
» Posted by OrangePerson in the
Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre
» 17 replies; 1,699 views
- Chlidonias Goes To Asia, part 3: 2013-2014 (new posts)
- In a couple of weeks I will be setting off again on another Asian trip. The previous two threads are and...
» Posted by Chlidonias in the Asia - General forum
» 1,058 replies; 38,419 views
- New thread for Port Lympne (new posts)
- First major news of the year is that Red Panda have returned to the collection (the previous individuals died a couple of years ago) A male was imported from Dortmund (former breeding male) in Spring...
» Posted by Nisha in the
Port Lympne Wild Animal Park
» 311 replies; 32,049 views
- Former Toronto Zoo Animals (new posts)
- I was reading in other forums about animals no longer at zoos people wanted back and found this great list of previous species kept at Toronto thanks to Meaghan Edwards in 2009. I thought I would...
» Posted by TZFan in the
» 24 replies; 1,832 views
- 2014 ZooChat Big Year (new posts)
- It's that time again. Get out your binoculars, spotting scopes, and cameras, let's do another big year!
Start counting your birds (and mammals, and reptiles, and whatever else you want to list).
» Posted by jbnbsn99 in the Wildlife & Nature Conservation forum
» 919 replies; 24,243 views
- Was the “extinct” Quagga a product of this cross? (new posts)
- Burchell?s Zebra × Horse - Was the Quagga a product of this cross?
» Posted by Zooplantman in the Wildlife & Nature Conservation forum
» 5 replies; 145 views
- Willowbank Turns 40 (new posts)
- One of New Zealand's largest "small" zoos turned 40 yesterday:
Full story & photos here: Willowbank grew from small beginnings - national | Stuff.co.nz
» Posted by zooboy28 in the
Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
» 1 replies; 101 views
- Exotic Birds in New Zealand (new posts)
- What is the general situation regarding New Zealand zoos and exotic birds?
Are any species especially prevalent? Any completely absent?
I've had a look through the forums and I don't think...
» Posted by Shirokuma in the
» 56 replies; 7,089 views
- Borås Djurpark (new posts)
- Borås Zoo and Kolmarden swapped non-breeding female white rhinos.
Namakula went to Kolmarden for Mashikishiki (b. 2002).
Male giraffe Shirafu left for Amersfoort Zoo.
Another giraffe born in...
» Posted by Kifaru Bwana in the
» 18 replies; 1,884 views
New Gallery Comments » Today's
All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:51 AM.