- Artis News (new posts)
- I visited Artis today and saw that a malayan tapir was born yesterday! The indoor enclosure isn´t open for public (it never is) but in the gorillahouse you can see part of the enclosure live on a...
» Posted by Trebaruna in the
Artis Royal Zoo
» 71 replies; 9,970 views
- Dallas Zoo News 2014 (new posts)
- The latest Dallas Zoo news for 2014 that I know about is the addition of a cheetah run. It will be located at the long strip of land to the ride of the anteater exhibit.
» Posted by cleusk in the
» 18 replies; 1,615 views
- Hamlyn's Menagerie Magazine (new posts)
- Is anyone familiar with “Hamlyn's Menagerie Magazine”? I just discovered its existence today. It was printed between 1915 and 1920. There are various online archives of it.
There's a short...
» Posted by Chlidonias in the TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife forum
» 2 replies; 175 views
- Bad geographical mixes in zoos (new posts)
- Do you all know of any unrealistic zoo mixes in zoos, where animals that live in seperate places or habitats in the wild are mixed in a zoo setting. Off course everybody knows of the guanaco, rhea,...
» Posted by Norwegian moose in the General Zoo Discussion forum
» 14 replies; 1,172 views
- 2013 ZooChat Challenge (new posts)
- Based on the UK challenges, i have decided to do a similar challenge for Zoochatters around the globe! Credits go to Shorts!
2013 challenge is for PENGUINS!
From Emperor to Little Blue, there are...
» Posted by filipinos in the General Zoo Discussion forum
» 23 replies; 1,194 views
- Must have zoo books? (new posts)
- What are the must have zoo books in your collection?
I'm looking to add to mine and wondered wether there are any zoo books people recommend or perhaps just books that every zoo enthusiast must...
» Posted by stubeanz in the Zoo Memorabilia forum
» 2 replies; 42 views
- Starting a zoo from the bottom? (new posts)
- So most zoos in the Fantasy Zoos forum are medium to large sized zoo, final plans that would take years to build up to. (unless you have hundreds of millions of dollars to spare, I guess) Say you...
» Posted by TheMightyOrca in the Fantasy Zoos forum
» 4 replies; 330 views
- Central Park Zoo (new posts)
- Central Park Zoo Home Page
The Central Park Zoo, in the city of New York, was founded in 1864 and is one of the oldest zoos in the United States. It is run by the Wildlife Conservation Society of...
» Posted by snowleopard in the
Central Park Zoo
» 115 replies; 9,303 views
- Are there any good tenrec exhibits in zoos that... (new posts)
- One of the great pleasures of this website is that I discover animals that I didn't know existed on a regular basis. For example, Gentle Lemur recently posted a great picture of a tailless tenrec...
» Posted by DavidBrown in the General Zoo Discussion forum
» 20 replies; 1,609 views
- New Zealand's former circus elephant, Mila,... (new posts)
- Mila's Story
I am just posting this to update you all on Mila (formerly known as Jumbo), an African elephant who spent over 30 years in New Zealand's circus. Every New Zealander, or even overseas,...
» Posted by RoseZondag in the General Zoo Discussion forum
» 4 replies; 190 views
New Gallery Comments » Today's