Welcome to ZooChat, the world's largest community built especially for zoo and animal conservation enthusiasts. Our discussion forums are full of fascinating information and news about zoos and animals, and our amazing collection of photographs of animals and zoos worldwide is unsurpassed. You may also find our zoo maps interesting and useful, and our chatroom is a great place to hang out and talk about your favourite zoos. Be sure to check out our site statistics and read more about ZooChat.
Membership is free » Join Now!
About the Terms
- Hampel Group Pty Limited ACN 115 622 074 ("Hampel Group") is the owner and operator of this site.
- As a user of this site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Your use of and access to this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions may be changed at any time in Hampel Group's sole discretion. An updated version of this document will be posted on the site. You are responsible for ensuring that you continue to abide by their terms and your continued use of this site will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of any changes.
- Hampel Group is not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which you suffer from using this site.
- Hampel Group does not guarantee the availability of this site, and it will be taken offline from time to time to permit maintenance and upgrades of the software and facilities.
- You must not use this site for any unlawful purpose.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
Content and intellectual property
- Hampel Group does not control the content of advertisements, content viewed after following any links on this site, or user contributed content on this site.
- All intellectual property in relation to content included on this site, including any user submitted content, belongs to Hampel Group, its licensors or advertisers. All content on this site is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You must not do anything which infringes the intellectual property rights in the content or is contrary to any law.
- This site may include advertising by third parties and links to third party sites. The display of third party advertising or links on this site does not indicate any endorsement by Hampel Group of that third party, its products or services or any relationship between that third party and Hampel Group.
- By posting any content to this site you irrevocably licence Hampel Group to reproduce, edit or distribute that content in any form in any location worldwide, and you waive any moral rights you have in that content. This licence is non-exclusive so you can continue to use your own material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- Hampel Group will only agree to requests to remove user submitted content in its absolute discretion.
- Hampel Group may alter or discontinue any feature of this site and its content in its absolute discretion.
- Otherwise, except where such use constitutes fair dealing under intellectual property law, you must not use, copy, reproduce, publish, store, alter or transmit any part of the content. All rights not expressly granted to you under these terms and conditions or automatically conferred by law are reserved by Hampel Group.
- Although the administrators and moderators of Hampel Group will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off the discussion forum or other parts of the site, it is impossible for us to review all forum posts and other user generated content. User submitted content expresses the views of the author, and Hampel Group will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
- Hampel Group reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any user submitted content on the site for any reason. We reserve the right to ban, delete or prohibit any content that we judge harmful to individuals, Hampel Group or other entities.
- You acknowledge that most content published on this website is visible to other users of the Internet, including search engines and other third party facilities which may reproduce portions of the content you submit and you will not hold us responsible for any material submitted by yourself or others which is subsequently reproduced by a third party even after being removed from this site.
Members’ code of conduct
- As a member of ZooChat you:
- will conduct yourself with fairness, honesty and courtesy in all your dealings with other members, including in any discussion forum posts made by you;
- will refrain from any conduct towards any other member which goes beyond robust and fair debate of any issue; and
- accept that the decision of Hampel Group to censor or delete any inappropriate content created by you is final and not subject to any review or appeal.
- Without Hampel Group’s prior written consent, you agree not to use this site to:
- post material on the site which contains any advertising or spam;
- publish any content for which you do not have permission from the copyright owner to publish;
- publish any content containing financial advice or recommendations regarding securities;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others;
- publish any content which is indecent, illegal, or contains any virus or code capable of interrupting this or any other site or copying its content; or
- tamper with, hinder or make any alteration to this site.
- You are responsible for:
- protecting the confidentiality of your username and password; and
- all activities which occur under your username and password.
- You must not share your username or password with anyone else without Hampel Group’s prior written consent. You must immediately notify Hampel Group if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username and password.
- You indemnify Hampel Group and agree to keep Hampel Group indemnified against any direct or indirect loss or damage or any costs incurred by Hampel Group which arise directly or indirectly due to your membership or use of the site.
- You must not upload photos or images of any person to the website or photo galleries, regardless of whether you have their permission or not.