Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. James Barber

James Barber Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I am really enjoying my time playing Planet Zoo over my first few days. So far I have just played a few scenario levels just to familiarise with the controls and building.

I have noticed that you can place animal burrows and the TV screens but no option for guests to look on the screens for the burrows. I have tried with most of the screens.

Also there are no walk in souvenir shops so I guess some of the free updates haven't been added yet.

All in all, I am really pleased with this game and I can't wait to get the rest of the DLCs and build my own zoos as well as recreating a few selected ones.

2. BetoYoung

BetoYoung Well-Known Member

hey guys, i'd like to ask y'all a question, do you guys think the last dlc will be an aviary expansion pack? or a dlc larger than the regular packs and animal packs with the highly-requested animals?

3. James Barber

James Barber Well-Known Member 15+ year member

With me, I would like to see a final mega list of animals. There are still a good 50 or so mammal species I would like to see get added from my personal wish list but sadly doubt that will happen. Also more birds is a huge must, even if we get a few more large wetland birds like Ibises, Pelicans, Storks, Spoonbills, Egrets, Herons, more Cranes and Flamingos, and the Rhea also as they are all easy to make. I would like to see a lot more other birds and reptiles.

BetoYoung likes this.
  4. StellarChaser

StellarChaser Well-Known Member

I don't think we will get the aviary pack for PZ1, looking at the exhibit animals of the last two packs, the Spectacled Flying Fox of Oceania Pack is another bat, the Hermann's Tortoise of Eurasia Pack is traditional terrarium exhibit species. If the Frontier decides to offer us the flying birds, they wouldn't wait until the last pack since not just one or two flying bird species are demanded. Another reason is that the engine of PZ1 is pretty backward, when you have more than 20 habitats the game starts to lag. The Frontier probably wants to end the PZ1 soon then leave the aviary to the PZ2 that has the new engine.

Mossman Joe, Osedax and BetoYoung like this.
  5. BetoYoung

well, we shouldn't lose hope, who knows we can actually get an aviary pack now.

6. BetoYoung

you have my thoughts too, i'd love to see a list of the highly-requested animals making it to the game.

James Barber likes this.
  7. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I just hope the game ends without doing the erroneous error of having threskiornids as habitat animals.

8. BetoYoung

why would that be a mistake? ibis should totally be habitat animals, my local zoo has scarlet ibis, and they're habitat animals.

9. Green_mamba

Green_mamba Well-Known Member

Personally, I think flying birds would work better as exhibit animals similarly to how bats work in the game.

PossumRoach likes this.
  10. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Then your local zoo sounds like an exception because, not counting local species nesting in estuaries and on trees, ibis are aviary birds, being much less subjected to wing clipping other large birds such as pelicans, storks, and cranes are subjected to. I have seen more open air bird of prey exhibits than open air ibis exhibits. Should that mean that eagles and vultures be habitat species as well?

Edit: I know I had this faulty “counter argument” on the forums so I will say this as well: an indoor rainforest building is a walkthrough exhibit, not a habitat.

11. BetoYoung

i think birds of prey should habitat species, but again we need a flying mechanism and we need a system that should be able to make us build aviaries perfectly, i mean people wouldn't like to touch on the birds' talons

12. BetoYoung

i personally wouldn't like to see flying birds as exhibit animals, i'd rather them being flying habitat aviary birds or not being in the game, because most of flying birds people want wouldn't feel comfortable to being around people walking through their enclosure.

13. Green_mamba

Green_mamba Well-Known Member

I can image habitat flying birds being clunking like the primates in the game, unless frontier can master the flying mechanics but I think that will be difficult.
    If we do get exhibit birds, ideally we will be able to customise the aviary unlike the other exhibit types and like you said, hopefully they wouldn't have to walk-through exhibits.

14. BetoYoung

well, i believe in the total potential of frontier, if they were able to master the brachiation with the lar gibbon in tropical pack, i can't see why they wouldn't be able to master the flying mechanics

Green_mamba likes this.
  15. StellarChaser

StellarChaser Well-Known Member

Parrots, Toucans and Pigeons are OK with visitors walking around since they are often put in walkthrough aviaries in real life zoos. Even Hornbills and some owl species (Snowy Owl and Great Grey Owl) have successful examples in real-life walkthrough exhibits. Having one Macaw, African Grey Parrot, Rainbow Lorikeet, Toco Toucan, Great Hornbill and Snowy Owl as WTE animals in the game should satisfy most people's demand for flying birds. Condors and Accipitriformes (except Secretary Bird) have better made as habitat species, but for them most people probably just want the Andean Condor and Bald Eagle, not sure whether the Frontier would like to create new aviary habitat system just for two species

Bactrian Deer and Green_mamba like this.
  16. BetoYoung

well, i'm just trying to optimistic as possible so, i totally believe in the capacity of a new aviary habitat system.

17. Nile Lechwe

Nile Lechwe Active Member

Hello !
    I started Planet Zoo on PS5 in sandbox mode, but in my enclosures, Nile Lechwe (1 male and 2 females on a single enclosure, and 3 males on a mixed-species enclosures) and Gemsbok (single-specie enclosure) are often stressed. Any advices for them ? Other antelopes species like Sables, Black wildebeest and springboks aren't stressed.

18. Rychu Plays

Rychu Plays New Member

19. Rychu Plays

Rychu Plays New Member

Hey you could try using the 'Quite signs' under the security tab in facilities, place them around where the guests view from and hopefully could help :)

Nile Lechwe likes this.
  20. Nile Lechwe

Nile Lechwe Active Member

Thanks for the advice i will try this when i come-back on the game.

And an other question, for console players (and PC player to compare). The game is sometimes (when i have many visitors) very slow. I suppose is the game, not my console. Anyone has the same problem ?

When i play on games like FFVII Rebirth or Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, i don't have this problem. And theses games are heavier than Planet Zoo. I suppose this game need an optimisation.