Join our zoo community
Mehdi

12/08/17 - Bawean deer (?)

12/08/17 - Bawean deer (?)
Mehdi, 28 Aug 2017
SivatheriumGuy and Keiikoa like this.
    • Mehdi
      Certainly not the best picture but this was taken in a unlabeled exhibit near the Zebu paddocks, considering the fact all the Hog deers are now kept with the Nilgais ; I believe this is the Bawean deers that just arrived at Tierpark?
    • UngulateNerd92
      @Zoo Tycooner FR, yes these are Bawean deer (Axis kuhlii). Tierpark Berlin imported 1.2 from Poznan Nowe Zoo in July.
    • Mehdi
      @UngulateNerd92: I do know Tierpark received Bawean deers from Poznan, it was more about the fact Tierpark has a large collection of deers (14 taxa) and as such it can be confusing to identify some unlisted taxa; especially when my pictures are so bad (including this one). Thanks for you answer though. :)
    • UngulateNerd92
      @Zoo Tycooner FR oh ok, yes I see where you are comming from...these particular animals are clearly Bawean deer.

I suspect the fact that Tierpark Berlin also keeps the congeneric, Indian hog deer (Axis porcinus) would add to the confusion...
      Mehdi likes this.
    • Mehdi
      @UngulateNerd92: Thanks for the clarification, yeah it is indeed confusing but thankfully the hog deers were all combined with the Nilgai in a same enclosure and as such it was easier to identify these as Bawean deers.
    • UngulateNerd92
      @Zoo Tycooner FR you are welcome!

If you look at Axis kuhlii and Axis porcinus side by side, you can easily tell the difference.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Berlin Tierpark
    Uploaded By:
    Mehdi
    Date:
    28 Aug 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    119.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-HX400V
    Date / Time:
    2017:08:12 13:29:01
    Exposure Time:
    1/15 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    140.16 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).