Join our zoo community
SMR

Old Cafés Never Die - 13/11/2010

Old Cafés Never Die - 13/11/2010
SMR, 14 Nov 2010
    • SMR
      Where's my DeLorean? The Jaguar Coffee House has reverted back to being the Arara Picnic Lodge, although the "A" and "E" are missing from the sign so it's now the "Rara Lodg".

No idea what the logic of this is. The café has been closed for a while and it was mentioned that it was due to become a children's tuck shop by one of the senior catering staff, at least until spring next year.
    • Paix
      Dont we already have "Childrens Tuck Shops" eg. Near the entrace, beside the Dwarf Mongoose? This proposal aggravates me! I also noticed the Rara Lodg sign.... :mad:
    • Satan
      So they go from having a nice quiet place for visitors to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. To having a hideous R/C boat lake and a 'tuck shop' for kids.

What a way to ruin a lovely peaceful area of the zoo. It was brilliant to stand outside and watch the Jaguars outside when they came for a drink from the pond. Guess those days are over.
    • Goretex
      There's something strange. Are we now in 2020??????:confused:
    • Maguari
      The 'Super Zoo' was never intended as a name for the zoo - it was the name of the expansion project. That project has now been renamed 'Natural Vision'.

Why do you way the exhibits are not well made? I can assure you that's not the case. Have you visited Chester? What zoos do you think are better?

(if that sounds defensive, maybe it is a little! But this seems a bizarre post...)
    • Chlidonias
      all this new member's posts are a bit bizarre, not even taking into account his choice of user-name (the reasons for which I shall not speculate...)
    • Maguari
      Yes, reading the others they are all a bit... random.
    • karoocheetah
      I get the impression that generally Son (or Sun) whatever! is generally inflammatory in his/her posts - not always a bad thing as I DO like the cut and thrust of healthy discussion - but just having a poke without any evidence or qualification of a statement is pointless?

standing back with flame proof pants on now :D
    • SMR
      Can I request that, if everyone is going to have a big falling out, they do so in a thread associated with one of my better photos? :D
    • Maguari
      *Looks for 'Like' button. Realises that's a different website. But likes this*

:D
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    SMR
    Date:
    14 Nov 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    229.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Date / Time:
    2010:11:13 14:31:18
    Exposure Time:
    1/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    100 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).