Join our zoo community
zoogiraffe

Pygmy Hippo sign

Spot the very simple mistake that has been made on this sign!!!!

Pygmy Hippo sign
zoogiraffe, 31 Dec 2011
    • zoogiraffe
      Spot the very simple mistake that has been made on this sign!!!!
    • Jordan-Jaguar97
      The picture, It's been like that for ages they had it in the old guidebook.
    • zoogiraffe
    • Chlidonias
      does that mean that the "very senior person at the park" was also too thick to tell the difference when the sign was made?
    • IanRRobinson
      You do wonder. Sometimes life is about making an impression, and this sign says quite simply "We don't give a damn about the public".
    • Pertinax
      You took the words away from me.;) It also indicates they don't have any pride in having the correct/accurate signage either.
    • yorik
      The quality of the posts on this site and the sadly the contributors has slid dramatically since its inception. It is nothing but a forum for criticism and negativity from people who think they know better. We should be supporting zoos not giving Born Free all the ammunition they need to close them..... all your posts are being collated right now by them to present to the European Parliament to get the keeping of wild animals banned and zoos restricted dramatically. I congratulate Zoo Chat for making their lives so easy , they dont need their own investigations they just need to read the crap written on here and they will get what they want. It is about time the contributors to this thread and Zoo Chat woke up to the damage they are doing to good zoos around this country and the world with their simple chat.
    • DavidBrown
      How does pointing out that the sign made a glaring mistake by showing a picture of the WRONG SPECIES have anything to do with animal rights dorks trying to shut down zoos?

Nothing on this site is going to get zoos shut down, except maybe crappy zoos like the Las Vegas Zoo and the Capital of Texas Zoo (check out the galleries). This is the most pro-zoo environment on the internet.
    • Chlidonias
      and you know this how? Seriously, yorik, your angry rants used to be mildly amusing but now you're just sliding into a state of blatant stupidity.
    • yorik
      Sadly it is this kind of attitude from you that gives a real impression that you are all so well informed. It is so clear by the majority of comments and questions that zoo philes as I believe someone has stated are on here you all are in fact wanna bees and have nothing else better to do with their lives that think they are better...
      I come on here every now and then when I get a reminder... and when I do I am always reminded how small minded this group actually is. You carry on whinging and commenting and just see how much of this is used by Born Free as I have read yesterday that they are monitoring Zoo Chat all the time and finding the comments most useful.... do not be deceived to think your comments are not being used to ruin zoos in Europe because they certainly are and you are misguided to think otherwise. Childish comment as you post only lower the credibility of this site and quite frankly it seems to me reading post on all subject that the mentality of the majority of postings is a "i know better attitude" when clearly they dont. I personally think this site is very negative in it approach to zoos despite the tag that it is pro zoo, Born Free or CAPS could not do a better job at pointing out all the failures and issues as you all do. stand back and look at yourselves and your comments..... I am certainly not the only one to think this about ZooChat... I have heard this in many zoos that the zoo professionals are concerned about how damaging this site is to the zoo community as a whole. best wishes... and think before you comment as there are always two sides to any situation. I am only placing one and it is clear some do not wish to consider it. Re the sign... I totally agree by the way, it is wrong to have the wrong photo on the sign and it must be changed.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    South Lakes Wild Animal Park
    Uploaded By:
    zoogiraffe
    Date:
    31 Dec 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    278.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.9
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix E510
    Date / Time:
    2011:12:30 12:21:42
    Exposure Time:
    10/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).