snowleopard

1911 Primate Cage - Geoffrey's Spider Monkey Exhibit

July 29th, 2014.

1911 Primate Cage - Geoffrey's Spider Monkey Exhibit
snowleopard, 24 Aug 2014
    • snowleopard
      July 29th, 2014.
    • Wild wolverine
      Outdated as it is, at least it has grass and more room than most exhibit built in that time. It could be worse I suppose.
    • snowleopard
      You are right, as with grass and plenty of climbing opportunities the 2 primate exhibits (one at either end of the central house) are definitely far from awful. I would like to see smaller primates in the enclosures as spider monkeys and siamangs both seemed on the larger size in comparison to the width of their exhibits.
    • Chatt Wolf
      Looks like part of a bridge.
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      This was installed in 1911 ?
    • snowleopard
      @Onychorhynchus coronatus Yes, it was built in 1911 as there is a plaque or sign somewhere near the exhibit. The zoo opened a year later (1912) and this primate cage is probably the oldest structure left on the zoo's grounds. Does anyone know of anything else surviving from that era?
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      @snowleopard I think it is quite impressive / progressive in some ways for the time / era it was built but I dont think it is great nowadays (it isn't terrible either and would be much better suited for some other animal other than a primate).
      snowleopard likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bramble Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    24 Aug 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    545.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2014:07:29 15:49:28
    Exposure Time:
    10/2500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).