Join our zoo community
Paradoxurus

Paradoxurus, 26 Jun 2013
Animallover1998 likes this.
    • Shorts
      'Phant-tastic!

This amuses my juvenile self* more than those illustrative models in the Rotterdam Elephant House.

*Like I'm going to bother pretending this intrigues me academically.
    • zooman
      Interestingly a very rare sight in Australian zoos!
    • Chlidonias
      can't you just imagine the little kid tugging on the sleeve going "what's that elephant doing to that other elephant Paradoxurus...?"
    • Pertinax
      He's putting through a trunk call...:D

When I went to this Park a few years ago, the Elephants were in a display area that was nothing like this with a railway(?) embankment nearby. And what's that chainlink fence in the background- surely not their boundary? I guess they have been moved?:confused:
    • Brum
      They have been moved, if I recall correctly they were in what is now the Asian reserve. If it's the right place then the chainlink fence protects a Scientific Site of Interest, as it contains an area of natural heath which encompasses the back of the park and the dhole (former wolf) enclosure as well.
    • Paradoxurus
      This was taken in their current enclosure. These two are directly opposite the house, on the other side of the road (their house is pretty much directly behind the camera). The chainlink has hotwires. The railway runs right along that boundary of the zoo (which includes the far end of the Asian reserve).
    • zoogiraffe
      Well they will never get both those Elephants in the Cattle Truck that is visible on the railway,its only a large one!
    • Paradoxurus
      I took the attached photo a couple of months back, the same flimsy-looking fence in the background. This shot is of the furthest extremity of the enclosure from the house (nearest to the entrance of the reserve).
    • Pertinax
      First time I've heard of Elephants contained just by electrified chainlink. It looks very much like the same rather dilapitated chainlink fence(with concrete posts) which I noticed around the edge of some other parts of the park- possibly its the old boundary fence from before it became a Safari Park(?)- and its still there now.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    West Midland Safari and Leisure Park
    Uploaded By:
    Paradoxurus
    Date:
    26 Jun 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    271.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1083px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).