Join our zoo community
Giant Eland

2014 Shell Factory and Nature Park

2014 Shell Factory and Nature Park
Giant Eland, 19 Jan 2015
    • dean
      What sort of place is this GE? do they decapitate or stuff everything that dies it looks like our Russian friend elephas maxamus would love this place.
      Also what does the shell factory title refer too? here in the UK Shell is an oil company
    • Giant Eland
      I'm sure the mounted specimens are from hunting and not natural deaths. The nature park itself isn't very big and certainly doesn't have large collections of African hoofstock (1 zebra I believe). It's called a shell factory cause they actually have a whole section that deals with seashells. I can't give you much detail because I just did a quick walk through of both the nature park and the main building with the shells and mounted specimens. I mainly was there to photograph the bare-tailed wooly opossum!
    • dean
      Thanks for the info GE It's funny how names of places don't translate from one nation to another. I remember in 2001 before I visited Taronga zoo reading on zoolex an article on the "Streets of the wollemi pine", turned out that Streets was a confection company that sponsored the exhibit, rather than just streets of pine trees.
    • Elephas Maximus
      I don't like this much - elephant & hippo would look better as lifesize mounts rather than trophy heads.
      The tiger is surely not a hunted one.

Are there any skeletal specimens?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Shell Factory and Nature Park
    Uploaded By:
    Giant Eland
    Date:
    19 Jan 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: