Join our zoo community
gentle lemur

New Caledonian crow 2005

A small contribution to fill another gap in our Gallery. I am sorry it is not a wonderful photo, but these birds were very wary. I think they were on loan from the group studied at Oxford University. I wish a zoo could devise a good exhibit to show the problem-solving skills of these fascinating birds. This was one the first photos I took with my first digital SLR. Walled Garden, CWP Burford, 17th August 2005.

New Caledonian crow 2005
gentle lemur, 4 Apr 2016
    • gentle lemur
      A small contribution to fill another gap in our Gallery. I am sorry it is not a wonderful photo, but these birds were very wary. I think they were on loan from the group studied at Oxford University. I wish an imaginative zoo would devise a good exhibit to show the problem-solving skills of these fascinating birds.
      This was one the first photos I took with my first digital SLR. Walled Garden, CWP Burford, 17th August 2005.
    • TeaLovingDave
      A very interesting taxon, and one I wish had stuck around a little longer - I seem to recall that although unlisted on ZTL, this species was also briefly held at Dudley Zoo around the same time.
    • zoogiraffe
      No Dudley never had them,they were only ever sent to CWP!In fact they were at CWP for only probably 6 months as they had trouble settling on display,and for the record they received 2.0
    • Maguari
      They were there a little longer than that - I first saw them on 16th June 2004 and saw them again 27th May 2005, and Alan saw them 17th August 2005, so it was over a year.

EDIT: Zootierliste actually claims 2004-2007, though I can't see them in my 2007 photos from Cotswold, and my 2006 ones are not yet digitised!
    • TeaLovingDave
      Ah, fair enough :) thought that I recalled you telling me about having seen them when I visited Dudley with you once, but it must have been a visit to CWP!
    • bongorob
      I made my first visit to Cotswold in July 2006 and the crows, if there, were not on show.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    gentle lemur
    Date:
    4 Apr 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    109.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    566px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D70
    Date / Time:
    2005:08:17 15:44:21
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    Focal Length:
    150 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).