Join our zoo community
Great Argus

Japanese Spider Crab

December 29, 2017

Japanese Spider Crab
Great Argus, 23 Jun 2018
    • Kakapo
      New addition at SeaWorld, as pineconefish too... When I was here, they was not present :(
    • Great Argus
      @Kakapo When were you there? They had 2 spider crabs and several pineconefish in the exhibit, along with a couple rockfish, several Longspine Snipefish, and 2 porcupine crabs.
    • Kakapo
      I was in summer 2016. All the other species listed are also new.
    • Great Argus
      Ok, so about a year and a half earlier than me. I almost missed the exhibit, the little building is largely unsigned and doesn't look like much.
    • Kakapo
      It's is easy to miss the whole building, then maybe these are not new animals - just missed ones. However I was as exhaustive as I can in visiting all animal exhibits shown in the map - I think that the only ones I missed are the aviaries in the restaurant, where the African pygmy geese was.
    • Great Argus
      It's possible. Aviaries in the restaurant? Hadn't heard about that!
    • Kakapo
      Well, I missed them. The memories are a bit cloudy after two years, but I think that it was the zone marked with a 5 (Calypso bay smokehouse) in this map http://maps-san-diego.com/img/0/seaworld-san-diego-map.jpg anyway what I remember is seeing for outside some square wiremesh outdoor aviaries that I skipped as contained only common macaws and cockatoos, but after my visit I knew that others in the same area contained African pygmy goose. As I got photos of African pygmy goose a year later, now I don't regret missing them.
    • Great Argus
      @Kakapo Interesting. I saw some aviaries in that area, whether the ones in question I don't know. They held Great Blue Turaco, Taveta Golden Weaver, and White-rumped Shama.
    • ThylacineAlive
      There are aviaries holding cockatoo and two-toed sloth by the dolphin stadium, not in the cafe area.

~Thylo
      Great Argus likes this.
    • Kakapo
      The sloth is also something that I didn't heard before for Seaworld...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    SeaWorld San Diego
    Uploaded By:
    Great Argus
    Date:
    23 Jun 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/4.8
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX P610
    Date / Time:
    2017:12:29 18:08:45
    Exposure Time:
    10/50 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    17 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).