Join our zoo community
GillP

Outdoor bonobo area 2 May 2009

Outdoor bonobo area 2 May 2009
GillP, 6 May 2009
    • CZJimmy
      Good to see they've improved the climbing facilities, hopefully a step in the right direction...

Is the group still split into 2?
    • taun
      Finally it doesn't look so barren,

Looking forward to visiting again in the summer to see the improvements for myself
    • Mike11
      It definately looks alot better than what people have been saying with plenty of climbing oppurtunities, Tywcross looks like its definately heading in the right direction.
      Please dont critisize me for saying this but i do actually like this enclosure i think it works very well and with some more improvements it could be very good :)
    • CZJimmy
      It is probably the best of the Ape enclosures at Twycross, however since the Bonobo group was split, they have had to rotate access to the outdoor enclosure which isn't the best situation
    • Mike11
      Thanks CZjimmy i agree that is a situation that should be if i can be sorted out soon.With a stable group of bonobos i can see this enclosure working well if perhaps more vegitation was given aswell.
      Twycross seems to be a working progress at the moment :)
    • taun
      You're forgetting all the other management issues that probably have a bigger affect on the animals, let alone the state of the enclosure. :mad:
    • Mike11
      Yes i am i agree that is a huge issue that could do with getting better :)
      But i wish Twycross all the best :)
    • taun
      So do I, but the Gorilla situation may come to an end soon after what atleast two years!
    • GillP
      I also felt the bonobo area was the best of the ape areas.

If they are heading in the right direction - and obviously I sincerely hope they are - I wish they'd get a shift on so far as all the other apes are concerned.
    • Mike11
      So it has gone from being regarded as one of the worst enclosures all the way up to the best Ape enclosure in the zoo lets hope this is setting a trend for the future :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Twycross Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    GillP
    Date:
    6 May 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: