Join our zoo community
birdsandbats

Tree/Barn/Cliff Swallow exhibit - Observation Building - Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary

Taken August 29 2018

Tree/Barn/Cliff Swallow exhibit - Observation Building - Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
birdsandbats, 19 Oct 2018
    • Great Argus
      Are these live?
    • Great Argus
      Rehabs I'm guessing?
    • Terry Thomas
      Pathetic!
      Kakapo likes this.
    • Kakapo
      Atonishing!!!!!! Three aerial feeders in a very small cage with a parrot toy? I would expect this in an Indonesian bird market, but never in a North American zoo!!!
    • Great Argus
      @Kakapo Three? I only see two birds in the cage... a Cliff at the top, and a Tree at lower left. I don't see a Barn anywhere. And I do agree it is an extremely poor exhibit.
    • Kakapo
      You can see three birds both in the title of this photo as in the label of the cage. The fact that you (or nobody else) see a third specimen in a photo doesn't mean that is absent from the exhibit - in this particular case may be hidden behind the toy parrot, in the top of the cage, or camouflaged against the dark "carpet" used for substrate.
      Great Argus likes this.
    • birdsandbats
      Great Argus likes this.
    • birdsandbats
      How many good swallow exhibits are there though? I've seen captive swallows a total of three times. One is this poor exhibit. Another is when DeYoung used to keep Barn Swallows - in a crappy cage similar to this one. The only other time I have seen captive swallows was when Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary had a single Purple Martin in their Forest Aviary - this bird isn't there anymore. If 2/3 of the swallow exhibits I have seen are awful, how many good ones are there?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
    Uploaded By:
    birdsandbats
    Date:
    19 Oct 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    747.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).