Join our zoo community
Giant Eland

Brown hyaena (Hyaena brunnea)

Brown hyaena (Hyaena brunnea)
Giant Eland, 26 Oct 2018
Nix, Goura, Neva and 8 others like this.
    • TeaLovingDave
      You must have gotten pretty deep into the zoo without being noticed :p ;)
    • sooty mangabey
    • TeaLovingDave
      @sooty mangabey

They are, but @Giant Eland reached the zoo about 45 minutes after it closed (having rapid-fire visited Ostrava, Zlin, Brno and Jihlava in the same day) and somehow managed to sneak into the place unnoticed...... :rolleyes:

The Brown Hyena exhibit is a fair way into the zoo, hence my above comment.
    • snowleopard
      @TeaLovingDave I think that @Giant Eland is beginning to put some of my famous, multi-zoo days to shame! :) He and I should team up one day and visit zoos, fight crime and hang out.
      Giant Eland likes this.
    • sooty mangabey
      @TeaLovingDave Hang on. Ostrava, Zlin, Brno, Jihlava and Prague on the same day? Why?
    • TeaLovingDave
      @sooty mangabey Because he wanted to get as many carnivores as possible picked up in the Czech Republic in order to beat @ShonenJake13 and @ThylacineAlive in the current Zoochat challenge, I believe :p and as such decided that trying to get around each collection in under an hour was a sensible decision.
    • ThylacineAlive
      @TeaLovingDave And the fact that he used this approach throughout his entire European trip means @Giant Eland must be the luckiest man in the Northern Hemisphere to have actually seen every single possible species at every collection! Impressive work

~Thylo
    • Giant Eland
      @TeaLovingDave Is partially right.

My goal is photograph as many different possible mammal species as possible. The Zooing part of my European trip was limited to 15 days, so I crammed in as many species as possible. I pretty much conquered all of Europe aside from the occasional rodent or bat too far out of the way of my path. I only sought out past seen carnivores when I happened to have a little extra time. Most of the carnivore focus was for species I had never seen before anyways.

Ostrava was for Hyraxes and Jihlava was for primate species. But Zlin, Brno and Prague all had special carnivores for me! It was also just a fun challenge to myself and the only way I could begin the following day in Plzen at 7am, spend a decent chunk of time there (one of my all time favorite zoos) and still have time (barely!!!) to drive to Schmiding Zoo in Austria and then to Erlangen, Germany to visit a friend.

@ThylacineAlive I was indeed extremely lucky to not have any of my new targets end up as no-shows (often thanks to the help of zoo staff) or any behind the scenes species refused (entirely thanks to the help of very gracious zoo staff). This even includes 3 close calls where I arrived at zoos right after closing and still was allowed in.
    • ThylacineAlive
      @Giant Eland What were the three zoos that allowed you in after closing out of curiosity?

~Thylo
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Prague Zoo Praha
    Uploaded By:
    Giant Eland
    Date:
    26 Oct 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    10.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 60D
    Date / Time:
    2018:09:24 23:47:40
    Exposure Time:
    1/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 2500
    Focal Length:
    135 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).