snowleopard

5-Acre African Elephant/Asian Water Buffalo/Ostrich/Plains Zebra Exhibit

July 6th, 2017.

5-Acre African Elephant/Asian Water Buffalo/Ostrich/Plains Zebra Exhibit
snowleopard, 10 Jul 2017
    • Rating:
      2/5,
      Yi Qi
      OK, while at least appreciate the space, the lack ofenrichment and shade structures really turns me off.
    • pachyderm pro
      A good example that size isn't always the most important factor in an elephant exhibit. This is a nice exhibit for the five elephants, ostriches, zebra and the geographically misplaced water buffalo and there is plenty of space for all of them. However, there are many smaller exhibits I would consider better as this yard lacks much enrichment, grass and shade. There is a pool in the back of the yard, but It would be better implemented in the front of the area. Still a nice exhibit either way.
    • Yi Qi
      I measured how big the elephant paddock is on Google Maps, and it turns out the area is 14,047 metres/1.40 hectares, or 3.47 acres. Still a good size even for a non-accredited zoo. Just give this some more enrichment and its close to top-notch.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Monterey Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    10 Jul 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/3.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS
    Date / Time:
    2017:07:06 01:49:44
    Exposure Time:
    1/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).