Join our zoo community
red river hog

New Madagascar Exhibit - View Through Glass Viewing Window

The new Madagascar exhibit is a 1.5 million dollar (USD) project, that is the first major step in the zoo's 13 million dollar master plan. It's also the largest capital improvement in the zoo's 115 year history.

New Madagascar Exhibit - View Through Glass Viewing Window
    • DelacoursLangur
      It could use a bit of planting, however I really like the rockwork and topography and it has an interesting mix of species.
    • red river hog
      @DelacoursLangur I totally agree. The only plants are three small trees. Hopefully they grow and fill a bit more space. There’s so much detail in the mudbank retaining wall. There’s rock and even some roots poking out, which really sells the ideas that the land there eroded away. The zoo is also very small, which is why they’re mixing a lot of species together. :)
      snowleopard likes this.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @Fignewton Judging by the quality of this first new exhibit I am excited to see what is to come! Heres hoping the funding is already secured in these uncertain financial times its unlikely many zoos are going to see much in the way of additional public funding.
    • red river hog
      @DelacoursLangur Me too! It would be very disappointing if they weren’t able to fund the rest, since they already had plans to make an Amazon Rainforest building, which was tabled from lack of funding.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brandywine Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    red river hog
    Date:
    21 Nov 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    8.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4896px
    Height:
    3672px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS60
    Date / Time:
    2020:11:21 15:46:01
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).