Join our zoo community
zoogiraffe

Siamang enclosure

Siamang enclosure
zoogiraffe, 15 Jul 2009
    • snowleopard
      Since this motley collection of animals is owned by a group that supports the theory that apes are not related to humans then that explains why they have siamangs in such a $hitty cage. No respect for the close relatives of humans?:)
    • Doddy
      I do agree that this a pretty rubbish enclosure for these amazing animals, but I am a christian and just because this is in Noah's Ark Zoo Farm doesn't mean that they have no respect for these creatures. There are many zoos worldwide that have worse enclosures for their animals and are not christian based.
    • taun
      In my opinion this is one of the worst gibbon enclosures I have seen (and it's relatively new). Even at the Welsh Mountain Zoo they have a better gibbon enclosure (which I don't think is that great).

Am sorry but providing such rubbish enclosure is a disrespect to the animals or lack of knowledge of this species.
    • Maguari
      This is the place that only has donkeys and zebras and yet still lists Somali Wild Ass on ISIS...

(I'm normally against gratuitously putting the boot in, but I'll always make an exception for this place. See my photo of the Yellow Labrador n this gallery for an idea why...)
    • Doddy
      I completely agree that Noahs Ark zoo Farm has many poor and inadequate enclosures, but I was simply saying that snowleopard shouldn't in criticising the enclosure criticise christian folk. I know I may be coming across as jumping the gun and sorry if I am, but I want to stand up for what I believe in and I am one of the group that supports the theory that apes are not related to humans.
    • zooman
      Good for you Doddy.
    • snowleopard
      @Doddy: whether apes are related to humans is almost irrelevant here. The bottom line is that the siamangs do not live in a habitat, or an exhibit, or even an enclosure. It is a crappy cage that is truly disgraceful accommodation for the largest of the so-called lesser apes. It is frustrating to visit or see photos of great zoos with large, naturalistic exhibits for all kinds of primates, and then to see awful little homes for the same species in the ZooChat gallery. Why wouldn't a zoo want the best possible enclosures for its animals? Lack of funds? Lack of desire? Then maybe a zoo should not have such exotic animals in its collection.
    • Doddy
      I couldn't agree more, but I just don't want to offend anyone and I want show you that not all christians don't respect nature and wildlife.
    • taun
      I completely agree, it has nothing to do with religion.
    • Doddy
      I know it has nothing to do with religion, but in snowleopards original post, it seemed as if he was putting down the religious group that run the zoo and I simply wanted to say that I agree with him about the poor enclosure but disagree with what he said about christians (or that religious group) having no respect for these animals. Sorry again if I am coming across as arrogant or rude but I want to express my opinion.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Noah's Ark Zoo Farm
    Uploaded By:
    zoogiraffe
    Date:
    15 Jul 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    404.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.9
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix E510
    Date / Time:
    2009:03:07 15:09:43
    Exposure Time:
    10/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).