Join our zoo community
geomorph

Cat House - Snow Leopard Exhibit

Cat House - Snow Leopard Exhibit
geomorph, 5 Oct 2009
RonBurrgundy likes this.
    • snowleopard
      One of the worst cat exhibits I've seen in my life. What you see is what you get, and it ain't pretty.;)
    • Arizona Docent
      This ties Denver for worst snow leopard exhibit in country. (Actually, Denver's outside yard is slightly larger than Cincinnati, so maybe this one is the worst). Too bad, because they have an unmatched cat collection and overall Cincinnati is a pretty good zoo.
    • mstickmanp
      Wow, this is worst than I thought it would be!
    • Hix
      HOLY CRAP!

Please tell me there's an outside area.
    • Zoogoer2000
      Ok, deep breaths Zoogoer, its gonna be ok!

This is TINY! I thought Cleveland, Lincoln Park, Denver, Omaha and even Toronto had bad exhibits for snow leopards, but this is definitely the WORST
    • Dan
      Honestly, I am sometimes appalled at what is allowed when it comes to animals in North America - a supposedly civilized continent that I in so many respects adore and admire.

I just happened to watch a TV-documentary tonight on the "puppy mills" in the USA... it made me want to puke.

"Call your local politician" or something...

:mad::mad::mad:
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      your kidding me!!! that's it? looks more like a reptile exhibit by the size of it.
    • Ituri
      Okay, so for all of the jump-the-gun denouncers here... do we know for sure that there is ZERO off-exhibit space for these animals? Just figured we need to be sure before we start calling it a "puppy mill" or something equally rediculous.
    • Dan
      Hey Ituri...

The "puppy mill" reference was of course totally off-topic - just an angry and spontaneous remark from me. (But BTW, "puppy mills" would not be allowed in my country. Any attempt at creating atrocities like "puppy mills" would be reported to the police and then shut down.)

But obviously this is the exhibit area for this poor leopard, is it not? About 10 -15 square meter big, judging by the size of the cat. Do you honestly believe that the animalĀ“s "off-exhibit" area, if there is one, is likely to be any better? I doubt it.
    • Ituri
      Oh no, this enclosure is undoubtedly inadequate, I just want to know if there is any off-exhibit space. People seem to be implying that the leopard spends its entire life in the space visible in this photo, which I'm skeptical of.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Uploaded By:
    geomorph
    Date:
    5 Oct 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: