Join our zoo community
Milwaukee Man

8/14/2016 - Giraffe Exhibit

8/14/2016 - Giraffe Exhibit
Milwaukee Man, 31 Aug 2016
    • snowleopard
      Most of the African area at Memphis leaves a lot to be desired. Having such popular animals as elephants and giraffes in very poor exhibits is a bit shocking and I'm intrigued to see what the zoo eventually does with this area. The new developments (Teton Trek, Zambezi River Hippo Camp) are spectacular and a multi-acre African Savanna complex is surely on the zoo's wish list.
    • Milwaukee Man
      After Chickasaw Bluffs, I believe I recall reading an article that mentions the next master plan in which pachyderms were the next focus. However, that was some years ago, so who knows what has become of that?

Either way, I agree African Veldt could use a major overhaul as it is one of Memphis' primary weaknesses (along with the Aquarium; the Herpetarium - which is subpar, but not horrible; and some individual animal enclosures scattered around the facility like the bonobos).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Memphis Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Milwaukee Man
    Date:
    31 Aug 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    427.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 6
    Date / Time:
    2016:08:14 17:53:20
    Exposure Time:
    1/403 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 32
    Focal Length:
    4.15 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).