Join our zoo community
Milwaukee Man

9/6/2015 - Exhibit?

Let me know if I'm wrong, but I believe this was for Grand Cayman blue iguana?

9/6/2015 - Exhibit?
Milwaukee Man, 19 Dec 2015
    • Milwaukee Man
      Let me know if I\'m wrong, but I believe this was for Grand Cayman blue iguana?
    • devilfish
      I guess that might fit - you can make out a couple of iguanas on the right hand side of the photo. (I've never been inside the Shedd Aquarium, so I'm just going on your photos)
    • snowleopard
      It is the rocky, naturalistic exhibit for Grand Cayman blue iguana, directly at the very end of one of the hallways.
    • Moebelle
    • temp
      Not really naturalistic for the species, but an ok exhibit anyway.

I've not been recently, but it's possible that they now exhibit Exuma Island iguanas after they received two recently (confiscated from smugglers). The species they've had historically is Grand Cayman blue as mentioned by snowleopard. Don't know if they could be mixed, but in general the West Indian iguanas are closely related and potentially can hybridize.

I'm sure they wish for marine iguanas and that might have been the idea when this exhibit was built. The chance of them actually getting marine iguanas in the future is about as large as getting platypus...
    • Milwaukee Man
      Interesting. Appreciate the help, guys!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Shedd Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Milwaukee Man
    Date:
    19 Dec 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    352.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.4
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX S9600
    Date / Time:
    2015:09:06 16:36:16
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).