Join our zoo community
jMcCarty

a few more pics

timber rattle snake. look at how many rattles on that thing!

a few more pics
jMcCarty, 26 Aug 2013
    • jMcCarty
      timber rattle snake. look at how many rattles on that thing!
    • snowleopard
      The terrarium that this rattlesnake is in is probably not even large enough to allow the reptile to stretch to its full length. There is always a long list of complaints from avid zoo fans when it comes to mammals in small enclosures, yet just as often reptiles and amphibians get short shrift in that regard.
    • PeGe
      very true snowleopard. Poor thing. Not even a good place to hide or a wet shelter,....On the other hand: it's even not fun for the zookeeper to work here....
    • jMcCarty
      That is a 3' c 3' x 4' enclosure. He has plenty of room. Every reptile I have seen could use a bigger terrarium LOL. A hide large enough to accommodated the snake and still provide a public viewing would take up too much space. It is "ideal" for animals to have hides, but zoos are generally underfunded and I have never heard a potential investor say " Ohhh wow, what a wonderful house. What is that? Oak?"
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Louisiana Purchase Gardens & Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    jMcCarty
    Date:
    26 Aug 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    309.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.6
    Make:
    SAMSUNG
    Model:
    SCH-I535
    Date / Time:
    2013:08:25 10:23:25
    Exposure Time:
    1/15 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    3.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).