Join our zoo community
zoogiraffe

A visitor from the USA with a Bald Eagle

A visitor from the USA with a Bald Eagle
zoogiraffe, 17 Aug 2016
    • elefante
      I've never heard of a US zoo doing that. Must be less sue happy in the UK.
    • Arizona Docent
      True - there are things foreign zoos get away with that USA zoos would never. How appropriate that an American visitor is holding America's national symbol! And for those who do not know, Benjamin Franklin wanted our national symbol to be the wild turkey, but (thankfully) the bald eagle was chosen instead.
    • elefante
      Every American should get to hold a bald eagle right? Can you hold any birds in U.S. zoos. I held a toucan in a sanctuary in Costa Rica and now that I think of it that probably also wouldn't be allowed in the U.S.
    • Batto
    • Gulo gulo
      Puertorriqueño Capitán letting a Bald Eagle perch on him.
    • Maguari
      Dragging up a random punter to have a bird land on them is a pretty standard feature of a bird of prey show over here. They quite often end with one or more of the more relaxed birds being made available (under close supervision!) for photographs on gloved hand.
    • Batto
      @Gulo gulo: you mean an águila calva? ;)

The Australian bird shows are even more interactive...
      Why an Eagle Really Grabbed a Kid
    • Gulo gulo
      Sí. :)

And the PR ref' is due to the shirt, not his ethinic bg. Don't want people getting their knickers in a twist. :p
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cotswold Falconry Centre
    Uploaded By:
    zoogiraffe
    Date:
    17 Aug 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    383.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix E510
    Date / Time:
    2016:08:04 16:18:28
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).