Join our zoo community
Toddy

Aalborg Zoo - Emperor penguin

A stuffed emperor penguin with chick in the underwater viewing tunnel in Aalborg Zoo. For many years the largest group of emperor penguins outside Antarctica lived in Aalborg and even managed to breed here. A group of 13 emperor penguins arrived in 1963 (straight from Antarctica) and the last one died in 1983. July 2012

Aalborg Zoo - Emperor penguin
Toddy, 11 Mar 2013
German Zoo World likes this.
    • Toddy
      A stuffed emperor penguin with chick in the underwater viewing tunnel in Aalborg Zoo. For many years the largest group of emperor penguins outside Antarctica lived in Aalborg and even managed to breed here. A group of 13 emperor penguins arrived in 1963 (straight from Antarctica) and the last one died in 1983.

July 2012
    • vogelcommando
      Wow, I didn´t know that. I only knew Sea World San Diego claimed the world-first breeding with this species on 16 September 1980.
      Can you provide some more information about the Aalborg breeding - for example in which year did they breed, howmany times and howmany birds ????? Thanks for that.
    • Toddy
      I am afraid that I can't give you any more information on this subject as I don't have that much information from Aalborg.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Aalborg Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    11 Mar 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    144.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    869px
    Height:
    1304px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).