Join our zoo community
Nix

Aardwolf (Proteles cristata)

This Aardwolf was in the Walkthrough Exhibit, I followed him around for a good 30 minutes and got within a few centimetres of this stunning animal!

Aardwolf (Proteles cristata)
Nix, 18 Mar 2022
    • TinoPup
      An aardwolf walkthrough exhibit?!?
      Nix and IndianRhino like this.
    • pachyderm pro
      I second that, this is wild! I'm not sure how aggressive aardwolves are towards humans, but just the idea of this being an actual exhibit that exists seems like something out of the old fantasy forums. I'd also be curious to know how many specimens this facility has. I also see this is referenced as "the walkthrough exhibit" so are there other species that either share or rotate the space?
    • Nix
      @pachyderm pro The park has 2 aardwolfs, a female that was kept in a separate enclosure and this male, Who lives in the walkthrough exhibit with blue crane, greater rhea, Southern ground hornbill, white stork and leopard tortoise.
      From my limited experience with this boy, he didn't seem aggressive at all, following around for a while and even sitting directly next to him whilst he was drinking water.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bothongo Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve
    Uploaded By:
    Nix
    Date:
    18 Mar 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    176.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    814px
    Height:
    610px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).