Join our zoo community
KevinB

Adolescent Asian elephant bulls Assam and Ming Jung in the pool, 2019-06-22

Zoo Antwerpen currently houses two adolescent Asian elephants bulls. They are seen here in their pool. I'm not entirely sure what is going on with the "mounting" behavior.

KevinB, 27 Jun 2019
    • Elephantelephant
      Their name is Assam and Ming Jung. I heard about Ming Jung being moved to another zoo. Where and if it is firmly decided I do not know.
    • KevinB
      @Elephantelephant I mentioned the name in the title actually. There has been a transport container in the exhibit, against one of the doors of the building, for a while now. Presumably they are training for transport, but from what I've heard there isn't a firm timeline yet.
    • Rosie183
      It’s just been announced Ming Jung is moving to zsl whipsnade zoo :) where he will be joining a herd of breeding females.
    • Elephantelephant
      @Rosie183 Great news.:) Hopefully, women will accept it and he will be dominant enough to produce calves. It is possible that she will be most interested in Donna because she is the youngest breeding woman and therefore the least dominant. His next partner will be Karishma and, in the future, Elizabeth. Kaylee, however, probably will not behave, because it is relatively dominant and for ten years had no calf.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOO Antwerpen
    Uploaded By:
    KevinB
    Date:
    27 Jun 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count: