Join our zoo community
pachyderm pro

Adventure Africa Construction - Plaza Overview

Adventure Africa Construction - Plaza Overview
pachyderm pro, 4 Nov 2018
Wild wolverine and birdsandbats like this.
    • StoppableSan
      One of the strangest if not THE STRANGEST exhibit designs I have ever seen. A testament to the disgusting nature of modern architecture. With that said, a VAST improvement over the previous exhibits in terms of husbandry and welfare. I hate to be preaching to a choir here, but Jon Coe or Gary Lee could have worked wonders with a new elephant facility replacing an old moose/bear/dall sheep facility.
    • birdsandbats
      @Wyman I don't understand why you think this is strange. Looks like a fine exhibit to me.
    • StoppableSan
      @birdsandbats It's more so the architectural elements that look strange to me, particularly off-putting. If you're gonna put in the time and effort in such detailed rockwork, you should follow through and recreate nature. As Paul Barker, the muralist on several projects (particularly in Milwaukee) stated, "Either we're in the Outback, the Amazon or the Arctic, or we're not". If there are going to be architectural elements in an exhibit, they at least have to make sense, like the glass domes in Copenhagen's Elephant House, or in a more local sense Milwaukee's new otter facility. Like I said, they are veritable exhibits in terms of animal husbandry, just extremely off-putting. If this was the best they could do in terms of budget, I would completely understand and therefore retract my statement.
    • MKE Zoo guy
      @Wyman I also think that in terms of overall design we have yet to see the finished piece. From my understanding there’s going to be more theming for each area. So hopefully some of the weird aspects of the exhibits design or architecture will be tied together in a more coherent way.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Milwaukee County Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    pachyderm pro
    Date:
    4 Nov 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2592px
    Height:
    1728px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS Rebel T6
    Date / Time:
    2000:01:01 00:03:08
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).