Join our zoo community
Zebraduiker

Africa Savannah

In 2005, Giraffes, Grant's zebras,Greater Kudus and Yellow backed duikers lived in this very good and large exhibit. The duikers have now their own exhibit, I don't know why.

Africa Savannah
Zebraduiker, 3 Dec 2008
    • Zebraduiker
      In 2005, Giraffes, Grant\'s zebras,Greater Kudus and Yellow backed duikers lived in this very good and large exhibit. The duikers have now their own exhibit, I don\'t know why.
    • mstickmanp
      This exhibit looks great!
    • snowleopard
      This multi-acre exhibit and the lemur forest are perhaps the two best things about the San Francisco Zoo, and they are just about the two newest habitats built at the zoo! The only major addition since then is Grizzly Gulch.
    • okapikpr
      They need some Klipspringer for that rock outcropping.
    • mstickmanp
      Are the rocks meant to be for Klipspringer?
    • Zebraduiker
      I don't think so, Klippspringers are going to be phased out in the States as like as in europe.
    • reduakari
      The rocks serve as portals to the tunnels that take visitors "into" the middle of the exhibit, where they are surrounded on all sides by the savanna. It's a very nice concept, although somewhat marred by all the views of animal holding buildings, fences etc. Nevertheless it is by far the best thing at the SF zoo. Grizzly Gulch is embarrassingly crude and nowhere near as attractive and thought-out as the Savanna, although a huge improvement over the ancient bear grottoes.
    • okapikpr
      No, Klipspringers will not be phased out. The currently have a managed breeding program (PMP) in place.
      zoomaniac likes this.
    • Ituri
      Phew, had me scared there for a minute. Klipspringers rock (pun intended)
      zoomaniac likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    San Francisco Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zebraduiker
    Date:
    3 Dec 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    193.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1599px
    Height:
    1089px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).