Join our zoo community
Maguari

African Civet at Olomouc 30/05/09

[i]Civettictis civetta[/i] A real pleasure - I haven't seen this species since my 2003 Olomous visit (when they were kept on the site of the current squirrel monkey/tamandua exhibit). The only other place I've seen the species was San Diego in 1998.

African Civet at Olomouc 30/05/09
Maguari, 5 Jul 2010
    • Maguari
      Civettictis civetta

A real pleasure - I hadn't seen this species since my 2003 Olomouc visit (when they were kept on the site of the current squirrel monkey/tamandua exhibit). The only other place I've seen the species was San Diego in 1998.
    • Saro
      Wonderful animals, but unfortunately already pretty old. They are supposed to be born in 2000. But what a horrible enclosure do they have? It has some potential but nobody seems to be interested to improve it ??? I saw this species at Woodland Park/Seattle in 1996 and it is a real pitty that they are not more common in zoos. Considering their size and interesting appearance, one would think that they could be more popular.
    • Maguari

It's certainly a brilliant species I wish we saw more of. I'd also agree with your assessment of the exhibit - it is adequate but could be much nicer without too much effort.
    • Chlidonias
      has it lost the end of its tail?
    • Maguari
      I think so, yes - it would naturally be longer.
    • Jabiru96
      Ive never seen these in real life.........if only they were here........
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Olomouc
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    5 Jul 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: