African Elephant In The Rain

African Savanna

African Elephant In The Rain
arcticwolf, 14 Oct 2013
kd20 likes this.
    • arcticwolf
      African Savanna
    • TZFan
      Such a sad thing. Your last picture of her. Its kind of fitting that it was raining.
    • DavidBrown
      Has a departure date and destination been announced for the Toronto elephants?
    • arcticwolf
      Here is a quote from the Toronto Zoo's Facebook: "The transportation plan for the elephants is the responsibility of the Performing Animals Welfare Sanctuary (PAWS) and they designated the development of the plan to Active Environments. For security reasons, they will not be disclosing the date of departure for the elephants. The best viewing opportunities for the elephants continue to be until October 14th. Please check torontozoo.com for further updates."
    • TZFan
      I've read they will be gone by the end of the month but considering that the zoo says the 14th is the last day to see them my bet would be on this coming week they will be out of here.

Its sad to see them go but I think most of us are ready to let go just to end the mud slinging which never goes anywhere. I now prefer to turn my attention to the positives that will come, the giraffe exhibits relocation and a new breeding herd, a new hoof species in the giraffes old space, and an eventual revamp of the hippos exhibit with a breeding pair. Have to take whatever positives I can.
    • arcticwolf
      Just in case anyone who doesn't regularly read the Toronto Zoo thread is interested, the elephants have been loaded into their crates and should be leaving for California sometime tonight.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    arcticwolf
    Date:
    14 Oct 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: