Join our zoo community
King of Komodo Dragons

African Open-Billed Stork(Anastomus lamelligerus)

African Open-Billed Stork(Anastomus lamelligerus)
    • SusScrofa
      Is this recent? Never knew Miami held openbills.
    • King of Komodo Dragons
      @SusScrofa There is at least 2 in the Wings of Asia aviary now, I saw them bts last November when doing the Kiwi tour and during my visit last Tuesday they were inside the aviary, one was even building a nest!
      SusScrofa likes this.
    • SusScrofa
      @King of Komodo Dragons Oh thats cool! Glad to see an off-exhibit animal finally getting displayed, guess I will need to be on the lookout for them whenever I revisit. Is this the same story with the kingfisher in the other photo you posted?
    • King of Komodo Dragons
      @SusScrofa Yep!, in addition to them some new birds I saw in there was 2 Abdim's Storks, the birds from the demolished african aviary such as the Eastern Yellow-Billed Hornbill, and some other unlabeled birds such as Plumed Whistling Duck, Baer's Pochard, Smew, Red-Billed Blue Magpie, and Red-Faced Liocichla. I really hope Zoo Miami makes an updated list for all the new species in Wings of Asia(plus Africa now lol)
    • SusScrofa
      @King of Komodo Dragons I also saw the new Abdim Storks and looking back at pictures I took I'm now able to identify one of the unrecognizable birds from there as a Buff-crested Bustard thanks to your info about the African birds being moved. I actually posted an aviary species list this past summer on one of the news threads based on a list given to me by one of the staff there. The 5 unlabeled birds you saw were on that list, although I've yet to personally see the Liocichla and Blue Magpie.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Miami
    Uploaded By:
    King of Komodo Dragons
    Date:
    30 Mar 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/4.2
    Make:
    JK Imaging, Ltd.
    Model:
    KODAK PIXPRO AZ528
    Date / Time:
    2019:03:21 04:19:36
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 196
    Focal Length:
    65.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).