Join our zoo community
SMR

African Painted Dogs - 31/03/2011

Three of the African painted dogs ([i]Lycaon pictus[/i]) in the new exhibit at Chester Zoo (official opening is April 6th). Note that this was [u]not[/u] taken from inside the exhibit.

African Painted Dogs - 31/03/2011
SMR, 31 Mar 2011
CheeseChameleon1945 likes this.
    • SMR
      Three of the African painted dogs (Lycaon pictus) in the new exhibit at Chester Zoo (official opening is April 6th).

Note that this was not taken from inside the exhibit.
    • Jordan-Jaguar97
      Brilliant picture cant wait to see these soon:)
    • SMR
      I wouldn't call it "brilliant" (twig, not an ideal grouping), but it's probably the best the impatient ones amongst us can expect before the exhibit opens.

Almost all of the 'proper' viewing is through glass, so no more wire headaches or the need for massive amounts of zoom.
    • Javan Rhino
      Always so modest :p - you saw my effort with full zoom and cropped - this is better than anything I'll get when it's open :p
    • Satan
      Until they do what dogs always do, jump up at the windows with muddy paws.

Hope the keepers have some sponges to hand.

As with the photo posted by another member, it's nice to see them settling in so well already.
    • karoocheetah
      I heard that the dogs were being trained in squeegee use to help the keepers out.... :D

(sorry I've had sugar again!)

I watched the woofers for about 20 mins this afternoon - I really think they'll make a great exhibit!
    • heidi oliver
      Love the photo!!! How deceptively cute can they look!! Really looking forward to seeing them when the enclosure opens
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    SMR
    Date:
    31 Mar 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    233.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/10.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Date / Time:
    2011:03:31 11:31:28
    Exposure Time:
    1/640 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1000
    Focal Length:
    390 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).