Join our zoo community
Ungulate

African Wildlife Safari Park - Leucistic zebra (June 2008)

One of the 'freakshow' animals in the drivethrough (in a separate enclosure beside the roadway - you had to drive right up to the fence, but could still feed them)

African Wildlife Safari Park - Leucistic zebra (June 2008)
Ungulate, 4 Feb 2009
    • Ungulate
      One of the \'freakshow\' animals in the drivethrough (in a separate enclosure beside the roadway - you had to drive right up to the fence, but could still feed them)
    • Trebaruna
      that looks so weird..
    • mstickmanp
      and kind of scary.
    • Zebraduiker
      Hey, the ugly white zebras are still alive. How many they are keep, and do you know, from where they got the firsts, maybe from Kronberg zoo germany, the first zoo who has has kept them ?
    • Jacobea
      I don't think white zebra are that ugly, myself. I like Grevy's more, but I'd say white ones are my second favourite sort (I know they're a colour, not a seperate species :rolleyes: ).

So long as they don't start inbreeding them like with white tigers, I think they're gorgeous :) I'd love to see one, but I gather it's a very uncommon fluke?
    • kbaker116
      Their brochure said they had two, I heard this one sanctuary had one too.
    • Michal Sloviak
      White form of plains zebra live in the Mount Kenya Game Ranch. White zebras were caught on Leroghi plateau in seventhies by owners of the ranch. I seen small herd (20 animals) in august 2008 on this ranch. Two white zebras in captivity are also in Nairobi Safari Walk.
    • Arizona Docent
      Really weird. I think I remember as a child seeing a photo (in the wild) in National Geographic of a reverse pattern zebra - the white was where the black should have been and vice versa.
    • epickoala123
      Interesting....................
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    African Safari Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    Ungulate
    Date:
    4 Feb 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    30.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    333px
    Aperture:
    f/9.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
    Date / Time:
    2008:06:22 08:42:07
    Exposure Time:
    1/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    100 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).