Join our zoo community
ronnienl

Amazon Flooded forest tank - second viewing window

At the Amazon Flooded Forest. Photo taken at 12-2-2020.

Amazon Flooded forest tank - second viewing window
ronnienl, 14 May 2020
    • AWP
      Amazing exhibit! I see four manatees on this photo, do you know the total number? The enclosure in the Zoo at my visit in 2002 was already quite spacious compared to the ones at that time in Europe (Artis, TP Berlin), but this seems the next level.
    • ronnienl
      The manatees were getting fed at the time of taking this picture. I guess most of them were near the waters surface on the top left corner of this picture. Though I didn't count, I guess there were around 14 adults and 2 youngsters. I do agree with this being an amazing exhibit! And as it was really quiet during my visit, I had the whole exhibit virtually for myself.
      AWP likes this.
    • AWP
      16 manatees... it really has to be a very spacious exhibit!
    • lintworm
      @AWP If I remember it holds roughly 2 million liters of water, which makes the tank quite full of manatees given the large number the hold. As a comparison the tank in Nuremberg is 700.000 liters and the ones in Beauval and Burgers' Zoo roughly 1 million liters.
      AWP likes this.
    • amur leopard
      @lintworm
      Is that the new Beauval tank or the old one?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    River Wonders
    Uploaded By:
    ronnienl
    Date:
    14 May 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5472px
    Height:
    3648px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ1000
    Date / Time:
    2020:02:12 04:25:36
    Exposure Time:
    10/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    9.12 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).