Join our zoo community
Birdsage

American Beaver skull—Naturally Wild Swap Shop, Houston Zoo (February 14, 2017)

American Beaver skull—Naturally Wild Swap Shop, Houston Zoo (February 14, 2017)
Birdsage, 21 Jan 2023
    • Birdsage
      At the (pre-pandemic) Houston Zoo, guests under 18 could turn in up to 3 natural objects in exchange for points, which could be used to buy items such as this in the shop.
      The following items ware allowed: inorganic rocks, fossils, minerals, and sands; clean skeletal material including bones, teeth, antlers, and shells; dead arthropods; footprint casts; seeds and other plant matter; and photography.
      The following items were not allowed: avian material such as feathers and bird eggs (ostensibly due to the MTBA); “arrowheads and Native American artifacts” (and presumably any archaeological items); taxidermic specimens and intentionally killed animals; live organisms; items from Zoo grounds; and items from state and national parks.
      I never did participate in the program; in fact, 2017 was the second and last year I ever went to a proper zoo.
    • ZooElephantMan
      @Birdsage This sounds like an interesting program, and I am curious to hear why you have only visited zoos in 2017 and one other year. I wonder if you may hold a record for least regular zoo visits out of all active zoochatters
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Houston Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Birdsage
    Date:
    21 Jan 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    694.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1537px
    Height:
    2049px
    Aperture:
    f/2.4
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 5
    Date / Time:
    2017:02:14 13:44:15
    Exposure Time:
    1/15 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.12 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).