American Bison Exhibit

July 24th, 2015.

American Bison Exhibit
snowleopard, 27 Jul 2015
    • snowleopard
      July 24th, 2015.
    • Jake1508
    • snowleopard
      @Jake1508 Sorry, but I have no memory of how many bison were there during the time of my visit. Bear Creek Pioneers Park is a small, free zoo and here is my review from my Snowleopard's 2015 Road Trip thread:

Bear Creek Pioneers Park & Zoo is a non-AZA accredited zoo located in Houston, Texas, and it is located within the bowels of the 2,154 acre Public Park. It is a free zoo that has a total of 23 exhibits that are split between 12 large paddocks and 11 aviaries. The 12 paddocks are all in a long row of chain-link fenced yards that cover an entire city block and the enclosures are spacious and in some cases perhaps half an acre or more in size. However, the species list is not that exciting: American Bison, Emu (3 exhibits), Domestic Goat (several exhibits), Domestic Sheep, Miniature Horse, Sicilian Donkey, Domestic Pig, Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pig and a large terrarium with unidentified turtles. The species list for the aviaries includes: Crested Caracara, Turkey Vulture, Great Horned Owl, Barred Owl, Moluccan Cockatoo, Catalina Macaw, Ring-Necked Dove and assorted pigeons, budgies, parakeets and cockatiels.
      Jake1508 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bear Creek Pioneers Park
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    27 Jul 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: