Join our zoo community
djaeon

Amur Leopard Cat

I forget what kind of wild cat this is, but there's a small section of the zoo that has several small cats that look like they could be domesticated house-cats. Very cute little guys. Edit: Amur Leopard Cat per Ituri. Thanks:)

Amur Leopard Cat
djaeon, 20 Oct 2008
    • djaeon
      I forget what kind of wild cat this is, but there's a small section of the zoo that has several small cats that look like they could be domesticated house-cats. Very cute little guys.
      Edit: Amur Leopard Cat per Ituri. Thanks:)
    • mstickmanp
      That looks like a fishing cat.
    • djaeon
      That's what I thought too when I looked at the pic, but that's not the fishing cat exhibit.
    • Ituri
      I'm pretty sure that's the Amur leopard cat that's on display in that little set of cat exhibits on Elephant Mesa. Also over there is I believe Arabian wild cats, and formerly west Mexican margay, but I think those are gone.
    • mstickmanp
    • djaeon
      Thanks for clearing that one up:) I should have went over there and looked, but forgot about it.
    • jusko88
      Prionailurus bengalensis euptilurus/euptilura, the Amur cat, eastern Siberia, in Manchuria, in Korea and on the Tsushima Island in the Korea Strait.

is this still on exhibit as well as the arabian wild cat?
    • Ituri
      No, neither are.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    San Diego Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    djaeon
    Date:
    20 Oct 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    268.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1197px
    Aperture:
    f/4.9
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    E4600
    Date / Time:
    2008:04:22 11:21:01
    Exposure Time:
    10/601 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 98
    Focal Length:
    17.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).