Amur Leopard Exhibit

July 16th, 2012.

Amur Leopard Exhibit
snowleopard, 27 Aug 2012
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • snowleopard
      July 16th, 2012.
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      This exhibit seems to be pretty small. I know that there is some space that the camera didn't capture, but does it go back any further? Hopefully Beardsley can enlarge the old bear exhibits and do a successful overhaul when they exhibit these cats, possibly by late winter.
    • snowleopard
      The enclosure is no better or worse than many other leopard exhibits in American zoos. The best is perhaps the trio of habitats at Minnesota Zoo, and Utah's Hogle Zoo and The Living Desert both also have terrific Amur leopard exhibits.
    • DavidBrown
      Was this exhibit removed when the new children's zoo was built? It was not at the zoo when I visited in summer 2016.
    • snowleopard
      @DavidBrown The $7 million Nature's Neighbourhood children's zoo complex opened in August of 2016, exactly a year ago. My best guess is that this exhibit was demolished, unless it was renovated to perhaps become the Red Panda habitat? Either way, Amur Leopards are gone from the zoo and I'm just as curious as you as to what happened to this enclosure.
    • blospz
      @snowleopard If only the red pandas got this exhibit. I was unimpressed with the layout of their exhibit. I am guessing the children zoo as a whole took over this area.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Franklin Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    27 Aug 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    450.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2012:07:16 15:40:07
    Exposure Time:
    10/3200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).