Join our zoo community
BeardsleyZooFan

Amur Leopard Exhibit

August 25th, 2016

Amur Leopard Exhibit
BeardsleyZooFan, 14 Mar 2017
    • DavidBrown
      Do I remember correctly that at one time this zoo was mostly themed on the Americas? I ask because I see that they have leopards, tigers, and African penguins - have they expanded their exhibit themes or are these considered temporary exhibits?
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      @DavidBrown Beardsley has been themed on the Americas, barring the tiger exhibit, for a while now. However, the zoo decided to bring in leopards to replace the Andean Bear in 2013, and also has a Red Panda they are planning to build a new exhibit for. I think the zoo has desired to expand their Asian collection, and seem to be doing that with the relatively new leopards and panda.
      The African Penguins, Spurred Tortoises, and camels were all temporary exhibits though.
      DavidBrown likes this.
    • ThylacineAlive
      Beardsley is a small zoo that has a nice collection and seems to be doing real good things. Pampas Plains could have been done a bit better imo and it's a shame the Vicuna never showed up but I do look forward to seeing what they do with the upcoming Red Panda, spider monkey, Andean Bear, and tiger enclosures.

~Thylo
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    BeardsleyZooFan
    Date:
    14 Mar 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4288px
    Height:
    3216px
    Aperture:
    f/2.9
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    SP810UZ,SP815UZ
    Date / Time:
    2016:08:25 02:22:31
    Exposure Time:
    1/50 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).