Join our zoo community
Toddy

Apenheul - Amphiteatre

The amphiteatre where the gorilla feeding sessions are held in Apenheul, the Netherlands. July 2008

Apenheul - Amphiteatre
Toddy, 30 Nov 2008
    • Toddy
      The amphiteatre where the gorilla feeding sessions are held in Apenheul, the Netherlands.
      July 2008
    • snowleopard
      I suppose that these feeding sessions allow the public to see the apes being active and visible, which might be difficult to attain without the lure of food.
    • Toddy
      The gorillas can completely disappear in their huge natural enclosure, so I would recommend going to the feeding session. At the end of this particular session some trainers let an abyssinian ground hornbill fly over the audience.
    • zooman
      I Totally understand and get why they built this amphiteatre.

Just personally dont like it. Yet l would build 1 myself. Like it/Hate it!!!

As for that Hornbill!! He was bizzare to say the least!!!
    • Pertinax
      That is it- the enclosure is large enough for them to disappear from view at other times. It is very impressive to see them emerging out of the woodland in anticipation of feeding- of course they somehow know exactly the feeding times and start heading towards the moat some few minutes earlier and then hang around waiting. So if you turn up fifteen minutes before the advertised time you can normally get some good viewing and the chance for some decent photos before they start stuffing their faces with food.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Apenheul Primate Park
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    30 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    359.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1154px
    Height:
    865px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-510
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:15 16:28:04
    Exposure Time:
    1/50 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).