Chlidonias

Approach to the new viewing area for Chimpanzees

29 December 2018

Approach to the new viewing area for Chimpanzees
Chlidonias, 29 Dec 2018
snowleopard likes this.
    • Chlidonias
    • snowleopard
      While some might roll their eyes at the presence of a garishly-coloured playground, I love the idea and think that it has a practical benefit. As someone who hopes to visit his 500th different zoo next summer, and also the father of 4 children, seeing this setup makes me smile. I could lean against the large viewing windows and watch the Chimpanzees and when my children became bored (which invariably happens with young kids after about 30 seconds at most exhibits) then they can trundle off and jump around on the playground and keep themselves occupied while I remain glancing at the chimps. Great stuff!
    • Chlidonias
      I don't mind this playground area - I think it would be fun for the chimps to watch the humans playing. But I also think it's weird in that there is also a play area at the old Elephant House (now a cafe) which is thirty seconds walk from the above photo, and yet another inside the Australian walk-through a couple of minutes walk further on.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Wellington Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    29 Dec 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4272px
    Height:
    2848px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 1100D
    Date / Time:
    2018:12:29 09:38:37
    Exposure Time:
    1/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    20 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).