Join our zoo community
Moebelle

Apr. 2019 - Wings of the World - Rhinoceros Hornbill Exhibit (Now with 2 Individuals)

The exhibit was once open fronted, and themed as a Wetlands home. During the renovation, it was transformed into this, but contained Andean cock-of-the-rocks... for about a week.

Apr. 2019 - Wings of the World - Rhinoceros Hornbill Exhibit (Now with 2 Individuals)
Moebelle, 26 Apr 2019
    • snowleopard
      The painted backdrop to this exhibit is very well done, and quite natural-looking. However, the space for such large birds doesn't appear to be very large.
    • Moebelle
      @snowleopard I was very disappointed in this move. Should've just kept the cock of the rocks. Nice to see the hornbills back but they might as well have not moved them from their aviary in the Australasian exhibit. It's about the same size. Rumor says that the zoo will combine this and the neighboring Grasslands habitat to give the rhinos more space.
    • Grant
      This is a completely different all female pair brought in from another zoo, not the one's formally housed off-exhibit. The COTR were just in the exhibit until these birds cleared quarantine.
    • jayjds2
      Why do they not permanently exhibit the cocks-of-the-rock? They would look much nicer in this exhibit, or especially in the South American walk-in aviary (where I believe they are still signed?).
    • Grant
      They're trying to breed them off-exhibit and their sign is no longer in South America
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      I love the painted backdrop (reminds me a bit of those in the excellent AMNH taxidermy dioramas) but I hope these birds have access to an outside aviary enclosure.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    26 Apr 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    9.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4896px
    Height:
    3672px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DC-FZ80
    Date / Time:
    2019:04:26 12:01:29
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    3.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).