Join our zoo community
Mr Gharial

Argentine Cerrado - Patagonian mara walkthrough

Argentine Cerrado - Patagonian mara walkthrough
    • KevinB
      There seems to be some kind of pipe in the yellow rocks on the left side, is that just a den or shelter for the maras or a connection to another area?

That said, I really quite like the look of the mara and cerrado exhibits, these seem like some lovely exhibits and a nice addition to the park.

Definitely makes me want to pay Avifauna a visit again. Probably not happening this year though.
      Mr Gharial likes this.
    • Mr Gharial
      @KevinB

The pipe is indeed a shelter that I assume runs under the flower pot.

Indeed it is a nice addition! But I'd wait for visiting if I were you, they're still finishing up a giant anteater enclosure
      KevinB likes this.
    • KevinB
      @Mr Gharial Yeah, I read something somewhere about a mix of giant anteaters and birds, which sounds quite interesting. I'm curious what type of birds they will use for that.
      Mr Gharial likes this.
    • Mr Gharial
      @KevinB

I'm fairly certain there won't be a bird mix here, but gaiaZOO has a nice mixture!
    • KevinB
      @Mr Gharial Unfortunately I believe the Puna Aviary at GaiaZoo is still closed due to bird flue, unless I don't have the most accurate information.

Do you perhaps know when the anteater exhibit at Avifauna should be completed?
    • Mr Gharial
      @KevinB

It could indeed be true that its still closed, but seeing how avifauna currently is I think we're almost at the end of that tunnel (f**** finally)

I don't know when it will be completed, but there isn't any urgent construction work happening at the moment, so I don't think it'll be in the next few months
      Mathijs likes this.
    • KevinB
      @Mr Gharial It actually seems to have since reopened, thankfully, according to a Facebook post by GaiaZoo in July. Unfortunately I fear the avian influenza issue will be a recurring, if not almost permanent threat. And it seems like the Netherlands is a bit stricter than Belgium with the measures (for example walk-through aviaries didn't have to be closed in Belgium this winter).
      Mathijs likes this.
    • Mr Gharial
      I fear the same, though Avifauna is finally letting her storks and cranes roaming again (At least, in the Madagascar area)
      Mathijs and KevinB like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Vogelpark Avifauna
    Uploaded By:
    Mr Gharial
    Date:
    10 Aug 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G980F
    Date / Time:
    2022:08:10 10:54:13
    Exposure Time:
    1/1644 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    5.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).