Join our zoo community
Ituri

Arizona Cotton Rat

Sigmodon arizonae cienegae Maricopa County, Arizona

Arizona Cotton Rat
    • UngulateNerd92
      What is the exact locality within Maricopa County this photograph was taken? Living in Arizona now, Sigmodon arizonae cienegae is definitely a taxon I would be interested in seeing and photographing myself!
    • Ituri
      Riparian Preserve at Gilbert Water Ranch, Gilbert, AZ. It's a great spot for lots of wildlife, particularly birds.
    • Arizona Docent
      @UngulateNerd92 A few years ago I got very good closeup photos of a cotton rat at Sweetwater Wetlands, which is not that far from where you now live (and a LOT closer than Gilbert).
    • UngulateNerd92
      @Ituri and @Arizona Docent thank you both for the tips! It looks like I am going to have to hike around and explore both places.
    • Ituri
      I have also seen both Arizona and Yellownose Cottonrats at different elevations of Madera Canyon down south of Green Valley.
    • UngulateNerd92
      @Ituri ah very nice! My aunt lives in Green Valley, so that is definitely something I would like to try and do.

So I am curious, from your personal observations, how would you describe the differences between the Arizona and Yellowstone cottonrats?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    United States - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    Ituri
    Date:
    20 Aug 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    780.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2048px
    Height:
    1365px
    Aperture:
    f/5.8
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
    Date / Time:
    2013:12:03 09:22:58
    Exposure Time:
    1/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    150.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).