Join our zoo community
Nisha

Asian Elephant calf, Ganesh Vijay - October 2009

I am currently going through my photo collection and trying to upload images of species (and individuals in some cases) that have now left collections (inspired by TLD's recent thread) Ganesh was born in August 2009 but was sadly lost to Elephant herpes in 2011. Pictured here at around 2 months old

Asian Elephant calf, Ganesh Vijay - October 2009
Nisha, 17 May 2015
    • Nisha
      I am currently going through my photo collection and trying to upload images of species (and individuals in some cases) that have now left collections (inspired by TLD\'s recent thread)

Ganesh was born in August 2009 but was sadly lost to Elephant herpes in 2011. Pictured here at around 2 months old
    • elefante
      Do employees still enter elephant enclosures in the UK? I don't think this allowed in the USA anymore.
    • Nisha
      Some collections still work in free contact with cows and calves (Woburn, Whipsnade being two) but its not really recommended protocol these days.

Since this photo was taken Twycross have switched to protected contact so no longer share the same space as the Elephants as is pictured here
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Twycross Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Nisha
    Date:
    17 May 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: