Maguari

Asian Golden Jackal at Saigon Zoo, 16/03/12

[i]Canis aureus cruesmanni[/i]

Asian Golden Jackal at Saigon Zoo, 16/03/12
Maguari, 30 Apr 2012
    • Maguari
      Canis aureus cruesmanni
    • TeaLovingDave
      An interesting species, and one likely to undergo some degree of splitting in the next few years considering current research indicating that some ssp are genetically closer to C.lupus than they are to other populations of C.aureus.
    • Maguari
      Yes, it's all going to get (and indeed has already got) rather confusing on the Canis front. My next zoo trip is planned to include Arnhem, Osnabrueck and Rheine so I've got plenty of 'C aureus' potential this year - we're going to use Zootierliste to try to work out what individuals/subspecies/species we're looking at as we go. Pretty sure we'll fail, mind. :D
    • TeaLovingDave
      It's really quite a shame that, despite there being a *lot* of the various Golden Jackal species/subspecies around in Europe, and a few of the other jackals, in terms of jackal diversity in the UK we're pretty impoverished - just two collections with black-backed.
    • Maguari
      And they're rather tucked away, almost off-show, at both places as well. Shame, as you say.
    • lintworm
      Well for you Europe trip, all the golden jackal you will see, belong to the european spp. only Rheine still has it's African wolf (Canis lupus lupaster), the one in Arnhem has left the zoo, but I don't know to where...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    30 Apr 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    240.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D80
    Date / Time:
    2012:03:16 04:15:42
    Exposure Time:
    10/1600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).