Join our zoo community
Zambar

Asiatic Lion

Uh, I'm disgusted with this muddy enclosure, nothing like the dry forests of the Gir! And so much more space could be made if they just got rid of that damn moat! ;)... 24th February 2011.

Asiatic Lion
Zambar, 26 Feb 2011
    • Zambar
      Uh, I\'m disgusted with this muddy enclosure, nothing like the dry forests of the Gir! And so much more space could be made if they just got rid of that damn moat! ;)... 24th February 2011.
    • Pertinax
      You just said in plainer terms what I've commented several times already. I'm thinking its now the worst Asian Lion(or any Lions!) exhibit in UK zoos.

I don't see why they can't at least re-landscape it with Rocks, sandy substrate, bamboo etc. They did a good enough job with the Hunting Dog enclosure on the Cotton Terraces. Filling in the wretched wide moat would give the Lions double the enclosure space too, but evidently is too costly for now. :(
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL London Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zambar
    Date:
    26 Feb 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    280.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1000px
    Aperture:
    f/4.4
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ38
    Date / Time:
    2011:02:24 15:48:40
    Exposure Time:
    10/2500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    86.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).