snowleopard

Atrocious White-Handed Gibbon Exhibit

Aug. 4th, 2012.

Atrocious White-Handed Gibbon Exhibit
snowleopard, 4 Sep 2012
    • snowleopard
      Aug. 4th, 2012.
    • TropicWorld54
      This is probally the worst exhibit I have ever seen in the U.S.. This exhibit looks like it should be in a third world country.
    • snowleopard
      The exhibit is crap, and there is a sign stating that the zoo is currently raising funds for new exhibits for the Amur leopards and white-handed gibbons. In 2010 the Sumatran tiger habitat was renovated and now it is superb so hopefully the same thing can happen with the leopards and gibbons. In the photo one can clearly see two gibbons and there is basically nothing for them to do in their third-world hellhole.
    • Quakerhead
      I used to visit the Jackson Zoo regularly in the 60's-early 70's when my grandmother lived a few blocks away. This cage used to hold a jaguar while the gibbons were in a larger cage near by. It wasn't an attractive exhibit but at least they had a fair amount of room to brachiate.
      Sometime (I believe) in the early 90's, the gibbon cage was modified for a Sumatran tiger and the gibbons were moved to this relic from the 50's.
      The Jackson Zoo has a good staff and they even have 40 acres of unused land. What they lack is money.
    • AndyJ08
      This exhibit is horrifying! Do any of you know if this cage is still in existence?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Jackson Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    4 Sep 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    411.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2012:08:04 10:35:18
    Exposure Time:
    10/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    5.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).