Join our zoo community
Moebelle

Australian Adventures | Zoo Tours

• Moebelle
      If you're as big of a zoo nut as I am, then one of your goals is to find wildlife parks that just don't get enough credit. To find a place that completely stands out from the rest. The Living Desert Zoo in Palm Springs, California, is the definition of what I just described. The park uses the scenic landscaping of the surrounding sculpted Sonoran Desert as its foundation, and boasts a large collection of mostly arid inhabiting animals. Some animals that are near impossible to come by, and a part of very few collections. Some of these rarities can be found in the zoo's first stop.

The Australian Adventures, one of the Living Desert's newest features, is also one of the most unique, and revolutionairy Australian themed attractions out there. It's one of the few designs I know of that has you completely surrounded by the animals in a 360° space. On this episode, we'll find out why emus are referred to as super dads, we'll walk amongst wallabies, HEAR why it's probably not a good idea to have a Kookaburra companion, look UP at the channel's very first rock wallabies, a marsupial that weighs as much as a guinea pig, and a Mammal who produces EGGS! Enjoy the first of three reasons why the Living Desert should be on your Zoo Bucket List.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    31 Jan 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count: