'Australian Sea Lions'

'Australian Sea Lions'
FunkyGibbon, 18 Oct 2019
    • amur leopard
      I feel so sorry for them :(
    • amur leopard
      They're fur seals anyway right?
    • FunkyGibbon
      That was the consensus, but no-one could pin down which species.
    • amur leopard
      I'm thinking Northern, but I may be wrong...
    • FunkyGibbon
      I don't think so personally, because all the northern fur seals I've seen in Europe had much paler colouration. I assume South American or South African.
    • amur leopard
      Yes... I was wondering whether the fur seals were actually that dark or whether the backlighting in the photo had made them silhouettes...
    • Maguari
      @FunkyGibbon South African is the same species as the Australian Fur Seal (A. p. doriferus), I'm not sure how different they would look or if these could be they but if not this could be the source of the confusion.

The cynic in me also notes that the South American Fur Seal is Arctocephalus australis...
      FunkyGibbon likes this.
    • amur leopard
      @Maguari although 'australis' only means of the south....
    • Maguari
      @amur leopard Yes, I know that. But it's a possible source of the mix up. That's why I said that was the cynic in me speaking.
    • FunkyGibbon
      So, bit of a plot thickener. The part of the pool behind this one was signed Australian Fur Seal, although the sign said Cape Fur Seal. On the one hand, would be simple to believe the aquarium only has one species and these were wrongly signed in bad faith. On the other, I'm loathe to do that, and its less likely they would mislabel something as A. pusillus when they already hold it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    The Cube Oceanarium
    Uploaded By:
    FunkyGibbon
    Date:
    18 Oct 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2993px
    Height:
    3741px
    Aperture:
    f/2.0
    Make:
    Xiaomi
    Model:
    MI 5s
    Date / Time:
    2018:08:20 17:56:10
    Exposure Time:
    1/142 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    4.73 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).