Join our zoo community
Simon Hampel

Australian Sealion - Sep 2008

Australian Sealion - Sep 2008
Simon Hampel, 26 Jan 2009
ZooBinh likes this.
    • snowleopard
      How many sealions does the zoo have in this old exhibit?
    • mstickmanp
      The exhibit looks large, but the pool looks too small for sea lions.
    • Electus Parrot
      There is one female. There used to be a male but he passed away. They are planning for another male to be moved here early this year.
    • Simon Hampel
      It's not a huge exhibit - there's quite a bit of open space, but the pool is quite small. This is all a bit old now - right down the back of the zoo. I think it could do with a bit of redevelopment, but unfortunately the zoo is just too small to hold much in the way of marine-life.

I would love to see someone resurrect the old Marineland (which was out at West Beach I think), or build something similar elsewhere ... perhaps in the new trendy area around Port Adelaide ? Something like what Perth has with AQWA - a good marine centre or aquarium is sorely missing from South Australia.
    • Electus Parrot
      In Port Adelaide there is a place there called the Seahorse Farm. They have lots of seahorses, which used to be shipped to America for the pet trade, she also has lots of fish, seadragons, a stingaree and 4 port jackson sharks. I was talking to the owner and she said if she had the ok to start a small marine aquarium she would. So possibly if she got the money she would be a great possibility for an aquarium. She takes very good care of her animals.
    • SilverbackApes
      I was told that the female has died as well, does anyone know if this is true?
    • Electus Parrot
      Yes it has, sorry I haven't visited the zoo lately.
    • SilverbackApes
      That's very sad.:(
      I wonder if they'll bring in any more sea lions
    • PAT
      This exhibit wouldn't be too bad for little penguins (unless the zoo already has them.)
    • SilverbackApes
      Adelaide Zoo has little penguins near the children's zoo, but I also heard there would be a new exhibit for them as part of the new entrance
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Adelaide Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Simon Hampel
    Date:
    26 Jan 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    629.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 40D
    Date / Time:
    2008:09:22 11:49:35
    Exposure Time:
    1/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    10 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).